BioWorks RootShield WP
RootShield is a preventative biofungicide and should be applied to “clean” plants. Diseased plants should be chemically treated first, since the aggressively growing active ingredient, strain T-22 only grows on the outside of roots and does not enter the plant tissue. RootShield is compatible with fertilizers, algaecides, insecticides, disinfectants, miticides, herbicides, growth regulators, and nearly all fungicides.
• Grows on the roots “shielding” them against root damaging fungi for 12 weeks!
• Controls: Pythium, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia, Thielaviopsis, Cylindrocladium
• Releases enzymes that dissolve the cell wall of many fungal pathogens
• Promotes a healthier root system increasing root mass potential
• 0-hour REI
• OMRI Listed
• Reduces or eliminates chemical fungicide applications
• Grows between pH 4-8; at soil temperatures between 48° – 97° F
• Costs less that 2¢ per 6 – inch pot for a root protection program
• Reduces effects of environmental stresses that challenge the root system