How they can help solve your LDS issues
By Scottie Hines, CGCS
June is here. With it comes higher temperature and longer days. For those who keep their golf course “firm and fast” localized dry spots (LDS) or isolated dry spots become a reality. This is especially true on sand based systems.
The Tessman Company carries the full line of Aquatrols wetting agents to help you fight these eye-sore conditions.
Please note: none of these products need to be immediately “watered in”.
- Patented technology that ensures consistent moisture and air levels throughout the root zone
- Revolution reduces surface wetness resulting in firmer playing surfaces
- Firmer surfaces aid in increased turf resilience
Application rate: 6.0 oz. per 1000 sq. ft. per month. Revolution does not need to be immediately watered in. However, it should be watered in with 1/3 inch of water on sand-based systems and ½ inch water on heavy soil/push-up style areas.
Aquatrols Primer Select-
- Enhances turfgrass uniformity by establishing matrix flow in the root zone, thus increasing water use efficiency in treated areas of highly managed turf.
Application rate: 4-6 oz. per 1000 sq. ft. per month. Primer Select does not need to be immediately watered in.
- Promotes fast wetting and re-wetting of localized dry spots (LDS) for rapid recovery
Application rate: Initial application of 8 oz. per 1000 sq. ft. Re-apply at 4 – 8 oz. per 1000 sq. ft. on a weekly basis until problem is alleviated. Aqueduct does not need to be immediately watered in.
A 1993 graduate of Penn State University with a B.S. in Agronomy (Turfgrass) Scottie Hines has been working in the golf world in some manner for over 35 years. Having been at several top private golf clubs including Laurel Valley Golf Club, Oakmont Country Club, Baltusrol Golf Club and, most recently, Windsong Farm Golf Club.
He was an assistant golf course superintendent for three U.S. Opens (’89 Senior, ’92 women’s and ’94 Open) and a superintendent for the 2000 U.S. Amateur.
When not on the greens, you can find him at the local curling club, cheering his children on to victories while wearing his kilt.
Scottie joined Tessman Company as in inside sales person in 2018.