Did you know that 97% of people read reviews for local businesses, and 93% of consumers say online reviews impact their purchasing decisions? With numbers that high, getting online reviews should be at the top of your list for marketing your landscaping business. Here are our top 7 tips for getting more online reviews.
Send an Email After Each Job
Ask in Person
- What did you enjoy most about our service?
- What stands out as the biggest benefit of hiring us?
- Why did you choose us?
- Would you recommend us to friends and family?
Make it Easy
Ask More than Once
Ask Suppliers & Vendors
Monitor and Respond to Reviews
Bonus Tip: A Few “Don’ts”When it comes to online reviews, there are a few big “don’ts” to avoid:
- Don’t keep bugging clients who have already left reviews.
- Don’t have employees write reviews.
- Don’t ask upset clients for reviews (but do ask for their feedback and respond appropriately).
- Don’t offer incentives for a review. This is against the policies of many review sites – you can send a thank-you gift after the fact, but you can’t promise a reward for leaving a review.